Ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ on Trade law by Legal 500 UK, Aline heads the UK trade team at Hogan Lovells.
As a dual-qualified lawyer (Avocat au Barreau de Paris and Solicitor in England and Wales), she divides her time between Paris and London and advises clients on international trade law and policy issues, including export control, sanctions, anti-money laundering, customs, trade compliance, trade remedies, and anti-corruption.
She helps clients on compliance with EU trade laws, export controls, sanctions and embargoes laws, but also extra-territorial application of foreign laws, incl. ITAR and EAR compliance. She advises, with our US partners, on the application of US sanctions to European clients’ operations, and assists with investigations and disclosure to competent regulators for breaches of sanctions and export control laws. Aline regularly advises companies and trade associations on all customs-related issues, and Brexit contingency planning.
Aline also focuses on the EU legal framework for free movement of goods and services, and regularly advises on EU internal market laws, including CE marking obligations and the rules that apply to the placement of products on the EU market.
Aline is a member of Hogan Lovells’ Brexit Committee, and sits on the Brexit Committee of the Barreau de Paris as well as on the Free movement Laws Committee of the CCBE.
In 21019, she was appointed by the UK Government to the Department of International Trade (‘DIT’) – Expert Trade Advisory Group.
- Advising a major airspace and defense client on all aspects on its compliance with UK export controls and customs compliance and self-disclosure obligations to the UK regulators.
- Representing a U.S. manufacturer of consumer products on a challenge to HMRC customs classification decision.
- Advising a private investment house on sanctions and export control due diligence in the context of its investment decisions in the EU.
- Advised a global pharmaceutical company on Brexit contingency planning, and legal issues arising out of trade barriers re-imposed between the EU and the UK.
- Assisting financial institutions clients with the application of sanctions laws to specific transactions, compliance training on Russian and Iran Sanctions regimes, and the EU Blocking Regulation.
- Advising airspace and defense clients with HMG’ security classifications requirements and the handling of HMG information classified assets.
- Advising EU subsidiaries of US technology companies with European and French export control compliance (incl. encryption import and export rules).
- Assisting the French-based EMEA operations of a US company with compliance with US primary and secondary sanctions regimes, and the EU Blocking Regulation.