Jeffrey L. Snyder is a partner in the firm’s International Trade Group in the Washington, D.C. and Brussels offices. He joined the firm in 2002.
Since 1986, Jeff’s practice has concentrated on the U.S. regulation of international trade. Clients seek him out for troubleshooting and problem solving in cross-border transactions. Jeff advises on import and export laws, including the EAR and the ITAR. He develops approaches for multinationals to manage the impact of U.S. extraterritorial regulations, such as the sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Jeff assists companies in day-to-day compliance with these laws, and with interventions – such as audits and investigations, and civil enforcement proceedings.
His recent work includes:
- International trade due diligence in private equity transactions;
- Internal reviews and voluntary disclosures under the EAR and sanctions laws;
- Antiboycott compliance and compliance assessments;
- Counseling on export control jurisdiction and compliance for chemical, aerospace, encryption, business software, telecommunications technology, satellites, reinsurance, and others;
- Addressing compliance issues in technology, including export releases and IT access management, deemed exports, cloud computing, and VPN, among others.
Jeff has focused on emerging issues in international trade regulation, including transatlantic, multijurisdictional compliance, global compliance issues, and new technologies, such as cloud and blockchain.
Jeff is a frequent speaker on international trade issues, and regularly makes presentations in the U.S. and abroad on U.S. trade regulation topics. He is ranked and recognized as a leading international trade lawyer, based on extensive client interviews and peer votes, in the following publications: The Best Lawyers in America in the area of international trade and finance law, Chambers USA and Chambers Global, and The Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading International Trade Lawyers. Jeff has also been consistently recognised by The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers for his work in trade & customs.